● It’s in the center of the Center of the Universe.
● Despite the gentrification that’s going on, it’s still a real neighborhood. There’re people who’ve lived here all their lives. There’re people here who’ve never even left the ‘hood.
● It’s cheap.
● The Hudson River is right here.
● We have several names: Hell’s Kitchen, Clinton, Chelsea Heights, Hell-Sea, Midtown West and Heck’s Kitchen. There’s that one poor neighborhood on the Eastside in the 20’s—not quite Gramercy Park, not quite Murray Hill—that has no name at all. How sad.
● The beautiful assortment of tenements.
● There’s a good assortment of people who live here. Stagehands, actors, photographers, construction workers, engineers, artists, bartenders…and they come in all colors and ethnicity.
● Amazing food, although too many Thai restaurants.
Can you think of any to add?
Email ‘em to firstname.lastname@example.org